At Pella, we have a history of sustainability, and we’re passionate about protecting the environment, including locally in Evansville. Whether it’s through our individual business practices or creating energy-saving products, we work hard to be green. Our ENERGY STAR®-certified windows and doors will help strengthen the energy efficiency of your home, and you’ll experience the benefits all year long.
Pella Glass Options
Our InsulShield® glass collection1 offers the most innovative and energy-saving choices, with selections based on your climate. The three below provide our best energy efficiency and protection from weather year-round.
Advanced Low-E Insulating Triple-Pane Glass with Argon2 features three panes of glass and up to three layers of Low-E thermal protection, with argon between the glass.
Our Advanced Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 offers insulating double-pane glass with a double coating of Low-E thermal protection. This option also includes argon inserted between the panes of glass to improve energy efficiency.
Pella’s SunDefense™ Low-E Insulating Double-Pane Glass with Argon2 also offers insulating double-pane glass with a Low-E coating formed from three layers of Low-E solar protection to keep your home cooler when it’s hot outside. This glass blocks 95 percent of the sun’s ultraviolet rays and has argon inserted into the space between the glass to add energy efficiency.
Call your Evansville Pella Showroom to learn about more insulating glass styles or our recommended glass for the Evansville region.
What’s Your Energy Efficiency?
You can determine energy efficiency by looking for three primary features:
- Multiple panes of glass – two or three layers of glass equals more layers of protection between the outdoors and your home.
- Argon is a colorless, non-toxic gas that’s denser than air. Pella uses it between the glass panes to offer extra insulation.
- Low-Emissivity (Low-E) glass coating reflects heat away from your home in the summer and inside the room when it’s cold; plus it blocks harmful UV rays.
Our Innovation for Evansville Area Home
We’ve engineered features to help our products improve your energy efficiency, including:
- Different combinations of glass
- Thermal breaks
- Exclusive snap-in between-the-glass blinds and shades
- Low-E coating removed from the glass edge to reduce the possibility of seal failure
Find out more about our ENERGY STAR certifications and how to understand the NRFC label.
1 Glass options can be upgraded to offer the benefits of our InsulShield glass collection. Glass options vary per product. See specific product information for availability.
2 Optional high-altitude Low-E insulating glass does not contain argon in most products. See your Pella sales representatives for more information.