The cold season is fast approaching in Evansville and when the temperature gets colder, the energy costs can often increase. There are a lot of things that you can do to get yourself organized for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can help with your home comfort this winter, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
Are you wondering what is so significant about storm door installation? While storm doors are advantageous in every season, here are some of the benefits that storm doors offer during Evansville winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are one added layer between the outdoors and the comfort of your home. Their glass covering option decreases energy loss and can help save you some money on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors provide an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also adds another barrier for burglars or other uninvited guests.
Storm door installation is an ideal way to ready your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are additional ways to save some money around the house as the colder weather looms:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping isn’t secure, cold air can find its way in and impact your home comfort. If you have questions about reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your home’s doors and windows, give our Pella Evansville experts a call and we’ll be happy to help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can get caught in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Grab a dry paintbrush and clean these areas to produce a tighter seal and better the performance of your windows and doors.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, such as deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could allow cold air to enter into your home. Talk with a professional to solve these issues before cold weather arrives in Evansville.
If you have any more questions about winterizing your home, or about storm door installation this winter, give the team at Pella Windows and Doors in Evansville a call at 812-228-7000 or stop by our showroom to chat face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the colder season.