Fall is coming quickly in Evansville, and as the weather begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our spaces. Now is the ideal time to begin thinking about how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and add some enjoyable fall accents for your replacement doors to reflect the atmosphere of the season. Doors are usually the focal point of a home—they bring curb appeal and can make a large impact on someone’s first impression of a house. Here are a few things to think about when selecting your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is your friend when it comes to drawing eyes to your doorway. There are a variety of ways to produce levels, including adding decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to place pumpkins or other unique fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall offers us a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should do the same. Gourds and pumpkins continually provide a wonderful pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are a great choice for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are usually staple fall decorations that are used year after year, but creativity in on-trend items can make your home look unique and stylish. Some of the big door hangers this fall include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a clever fall message to give an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string a bunch together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of piling fall flowers into a basket, stuff a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and place it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into an enduring scarecrow to greet guests when they come at your door
Use your replacement door as a backdrop for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and fun curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating might include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our experts at Pella Windows and Doors in Evansville a call at 812-228-7000 or schedule an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always a great time for a new front door and a new look!