When it’s your year to host the family for the holidays in Evansville, you might feel more than a little stressed. As you start running through your to-do list, we are here to tell you that it can be a simple and organized season.
Whether you are having five or 50 relatives over for the holidays, these tips can help reduce your stress and ensure your home is safe and comfortable.
- A storage-packed island will allow you to utilize maximum space in the most important room during the holidays—the kitchen. Keeping things organized will give you the space you need to prepare food and visit with family. After a full day of cooking, a kitchen island with hidden nooks and crannies makes clean up simple so you have more time for the good stuff.
- The holidays are the perfect time for you to dress up your fireplace with up-to-date design trends. It’s common for families to gather around the fireplace, and having yours well decorated will make for a festive and inviting space. Whether you want a television or various decorations hung above the mantel, the possibilities to add a personal touch are everywhere.
- As if winter months aren’t a good enough reason, use the holidays as motivation to call in the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Evansville to insulate and seal your windows. Keep your guests warm in those rooms you rarely use. Reduce the chilly drafts by adding insulation, or even replacement windows, to make sure everyone has a warm and cozy holiday.
- The winter months can sometimes get to be a little dreary. Through the brisk season in Evansville, it can be difficult to find bright colors outside of your friend’s ugly Christmas sweater or Grandma’s cookie frosting. Get creative with indoor plants and flowers —this will add some life and is a great outlet for a craft day.
- Whether the kids need a table or there simply aren’t enough seats, make sure to provide enough easy seating and places to dine for your guests. Don’t forget about a cozy spot to settle after a big Thanksgiving dinner, either.
- Popular opinion says holiday food is the best. Touch up on your home, but also fine-tune your favorite recipes. When your food rivals the beauty of your kitchen, your guests will want to come back to the best kitchen in Evansville every year. If you don’t like cooking, have a little fun looking for festive plates to put tasty treats on.
- Now is the perfect time to check or install your smoke alarms. It’s easy to be forgetful, especially during busy holidays. No matter how great of a cook you are, sometimes things go wrong in the kitchen—it is better to be prepared and keep your guests safe.
- Asthe one of the most untouched areas of most homes, dining rooms finally get the action they deserve around the holidays. Whether you want a festive look or an elegant feel, there are infinite up-to-date design options you can take advantage of. Add anything from a grouping of candles to a bowl of pinecones to bring attention to the center of the table as a wintry statement piece.
- With bay windows you have endless possibilities to expand your space and utilize a nook. Get creative and add tables, chairs or even a storage bench. This is a perfect spot for you to set Santa’s cookies or enjoy a cup of coffee before Thanksgiving cooking begins.
- Last, no matter how many projects you decide to tackle before the holidays, the most important part of the season is time with your loved ones. Use your skills to create a humble abode for all. There isn’t a better time to feel at home in Evansville than the holidays. Toss in some comfy throw pillows and enjoy.
For more tips on making your holiday season a little more cozy for your friends and family, stop in to see our professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in our Evansville showroom or give us a call at 812-228-7000.